Weight 16.4 oz / 465 g

I Love the concept! I just question how well it works.

Summary

I Love the concept! I just question how well it works. It says to just push down on cartridge and once it reaches the bottom water is purified. It says it should take 30-60 seconds to push down. When I tried it went down very quickly. I was afraid to actually bring it to Nicaragua with me and try it.

Pros

• With correct use water is purified quickly.

Cons

• Not the lightest water filtration system on the market.

I really wanted this to work for me. The Grayl Quest Purifier is an all-in-one system. The system itself claims to last over 10 years.

I felt like the pressure I was applying wasn't enough to prove that the water was safe. I was afraid to actually use while in Nicaragua. It says it should take 30-60 seconds to apply pressure through the water inside the canister.

The pressure I applied reached the bottom within just a few seconds. I am only 5' 2" 115 lbs, so I know my strength could not be a factor to the pressure that was supposed to be applied. I watched every video I could and read through every manual 1000 times and I still feel like I wasn't doing enough to purify the water I wanted to drink.

I really wanted this to work for me. Maybe someone could explain what I was doing wrong.

Welcome to Trailspace, Michelle. I haven't personally used a Grayl purifier. However, have you tried contacting the company directly to ask about the technique? It looks like you can chat directly with them if the FAQ's don't answer your questions. I can understand wanting to feel 100% confident of your water treatment system. http://www.thegrayl.com/contact-us