Weight 1 lb 8 oz / 700 g

Sweet! Nothing I could add except a few more inside…

Design: Read the specs!
Number of Pockets: Read the specs!
Max. Load Carried: Read the specs!
Height of Owner: 5'8

Sweet! Nothing I could add except a few more inside zip pockets...but actually very well thought out! Perfect for short trips, trail running, MTB. An almost perfect pack in this size!

Did I say SWEET!

Very lightweight, but with enough room to carry everything…

Source: received it as a sample, freebie, or prize (My wife. She won it from a camping contest on The Dyrt.)

Summary

Very lightweight, but with enough room to carry everything you'd need for a day trip. Plenty of compression straps, pockets, and space to expand to pack more if needed, but also small enough that it's super easy to carry.

Pros

• Easy to expand

Cons

• Compression straps too long for how we use it

My wife won one of these packs in a camping contest, so I stole it from her to try out on our recent Yosemite/California camping trip.

The pack is a very lightweight pack (one of its best features) with lumbar and waist cross support straps, a nifty suspension system that kept the pack high on my back and not saggy, a fairly well-ventilated back cushion, a small sunglasses/smart phone/key pocket near the top and a good sized main pocket to house gear.

There are two water bottle holders on the sides and an external quick stash pocket on the outside. The quick stash pocket expands with zippers, but the top is still tied down with bungie cord so you can’t totally open it. Still plenty big to stash a jacket or wet towels—as we used it for a dip in the Merced River—and other gear. In fact, the pack as a whole had more than enough space for four towels lashed to the outside with compression straps, dry clothes for myself, my wife, and two boys, two water bottles, and some snacks.

The straps run a bit long that they dangle and I might think about shortening them for how we use this pack. Apart from the Yosemite day of hiking around the valley, I also used it in Legoland to carry all our stuff for the day and my back didn’t get sore or tired shoulders.

All around, the Gregory Miwok 18 is a very solid day pack for a good hike and weekend excursion.

Welcome to Trailspace, PDX-MSP. I hope you'll keep us updated on how your Gregory pack continues to work out.

PDX-MSP

Thanks! This bag has become our go-to bag for everything (fireworks, swimming, day-trips). We all fight over who gets to take it. Super light weight yet plenty of room.

Thanks, PDX-MSP. If you have some pictures of it in use, those would be a great addition to your review. Thanks!

Big bag in a small body! I have never once said: "I…

Summary

Big bag in a small body!

Pros

• Reputable brand
  • Packed with features
  • Perfect size for a day hike

I have never once said: "I wish this pack had . . ." Perfect in every way, it will surprise you more for the myriad of included features than it ever will for what has been omitted or overlooked.

I really LOVE this pack for day hikes. I can pack a jacket, snacks, and a water bladder — easy! I carry it like a purse onboard airplanes, so that I'll have it with me for day hikes once I land. This is one of the few packs that I can't imagine living without.