Gregory Robson Pro

rated 5.0 of 5 stars

The Robson Pro has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best expedition packs for 2021.

x-small small medium large
Price Reviewers Paid: $400.00
Weight 7 lb 0 oz / 3170 g 7 lb 4 oz / 3280 g 7 lb 9 oz / 3430 g 7 lb 13 oz / 3540 g

Best pack I've ever had! At the time (early 2000s) the best for long (7+ days) treks. Bought in 2000—still use it occasionally in 2021.

Pros

• Indestructible
  • Very customizable
  • Very comfortable with heavy loads

Cons

• Heavy
  • Waist belt very stiff

I bought it in 2000 for 5 weeks trekking in Patagonia—with up to 60-lb loads it remained comfortable. Used it for three months in the Himalayas in 2002. Only used it occasionally since as I now have smaller and lighter backpacks too.

Backpack Size: S (as I have a short back)

My Height: 6'1   My weight: 165 lbs

Price Paid: can't remember

Welcome to Trailspace, Peter. Thanks for sharing your first gear review with us!

1 month ago

I have had this pack for about seven years now, and it is still in perfect condition. It has been crushed, smashed, pummeled, poked, soaked, cooked, bashed--you name it. This thing has held up marvelously. It is extremely comfortable and roomy--I have loaded it over 70 lbs. with room to spare. This pack is mine forever... if it is ever damaged, I will have it repaired. I just don't see any pack ever being more desirable.

Max. Load Carried: 74 Lbs.
Height of Owner: 6'1
Price Paid: Around $400

Best pack I've ever owned. Fits great, holds up to all conditions I've encountered. From the mts to the sea, this pack rocks!! Spend the money, get it properly fitted and you'll have the Robson for the rest of your life.

Max. Load Carried: 70