GSI Outdoors Hard Anodized Extreme Boiler w/Lid

I invite you to visit backpackgearreview and check…

I invite you to visit backpackgearreview and check the stats between this set and a titanium set. They're basically the same size and weight.

I'm basically doing the same as the guy above. Sock over my canisters to prevent scratching (two fit quite nicely stowed in the pots), PocketRocket in the sack that comes with the set on top.

Light, Cheap, Durable, I give it a 5.

I love this set. I use a MSR PocketRocket with it.

Price Paid: Don't remember

I love this set. I use a MSR PocketRocket with it. The tall pot is the perfect size for a can of fuel, inside of a clean sock to avoid scratches. That, along with a homemade windscreen, fits into the shorter pot. The folding handles are kinda useless. They have to be opened/closed just right in relation to each other or they come off the pot. They are also made out of steel. I chucked mine and use an aluminum pot holder. The bag that comes with the set is big enough to hold the PocketRocket and the pot holder on top of everything else so you have most everything you need all in one bag.

I take mine with me often on day hikes just in case I want some hot food on the trail. It would be nice if they didn't have the handle hardware at all. I should note that I only use this for boiling water. I cooked powdered eggs in it once and while it cooked fine it stuck pretty badly and was a hassle to clean.

The Hard Anodized Extreme Boiler w/Lid has been discontinued.

The GSI Outdoors Hard Anodized Extreme Boiler w/Lid is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 1, 2008 at Beyond Outside.

Six Moon Designs Minimalist Review