GSI Outdoors Highland Fifth Flask

Top 25 in Water Bottles

Q&A

Have a question about water bottles? Get answers in the gear selection forum.

To bring the key ingredient for making your favourite…

Price Paid: $12 CAD

Summary

To bring the key ingredient for making your favourite bush martinis.

Pros

• Collapsible when empty
  • Alcohol safe
  • Lightweight when empty
  • Holds more than advertised

Cons

• Contents vanish quickly
  • Blurred vision and slurred speech after use

Capacity (10/10): This is advertised as a fifth [ie. 25oz (750mL)]. Turns out it'll hold that, with plenty of headroom to spare... I measured it out, and it'll actually hold about 34oz (just over 1 Litre). It's definitely larger than advertised!

Ease of Use (10/10): Considering the intended contents, it might be worth installing a childproof safety lid on this container... As it stands, it is way TOO easy to use. On the other hand, it is SO easy to use, you won't have any problems even when inebriated. hehe.

Features (10/10): My friend has a solid plastic camping flask. When full, they're about the same size... but when empty, mine is about 1/10 the size of his. The flexible collapsing concept is definitely a winner in my books.

Construction & Durability (TBD): Mine is fairly new to me, so I haven't had it long enough for it to demonstrate its durability (or lack thereof). It's basically just a thick plastic bag, so I have my doubts about its longevity. I will see how it performs and hopefully I'll update this review after some time has passed.