It can use the paper coffee filters, just like at…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

It can use the paper coffee filters, just like at home.

Pros

• Easy cleanup of grounds
  • Coffee stays warm with the cover in place

Cons

• Seems a little slow to drip (I'm in a hurry for my first cup)
  • Filter basket will stick if stored inside the container without its mesh bag.

This was a present this year and I used it for a weeklong camping trip. Disposing of the grounds from my French press was sometimes a hassle. This product solves that problem. It comes with a reuseable filter that I have not used yet, but the paper filters work great.

The procedure I use is poor hot water into the coffee/filter until full. Let it drip and repeat. It makes about three cups. The coffee tastes great and there are no grounds in the coffee when using a paper filter.

Cleanup is easy. Just dispose of the filter/grounds and rinse off the container.

Storage. There is a mesh bag to place the top filter holder in. If you store the top holder inside the container without the mesh bag, it sticks inside the pot and is difficult to remove.

A great coffee maker and I plan to use it many years.

Welcome to Trailspace, DB! Thanks for taking the time to share your first reviews with us. I hope you keep us posted on how your JavaDrip works out. It would be great to see some pictures of your in use, if you're willing to share some pictures in your review.

G00SE

Interesting looking design. On the trail, I just throw the mini Folgers packs into hot water. Not the best coffee, but it's fast and has little trash to deal with.