Light. Warm. Excellent quality. Includes stuff sack…

Summary

Light. Warm. Excellent quality. Includes stuff sack and cotton storage bag. Built to order options for colors, materials, and over-stuff. Great customer service.

Pros

• Weight
  • Warmth
  • High quality

I purchased a Burrow 20 short with 1 oz of overstuff, so it is probably more in the 15-degree range as far as rating goes. I have used this quilt down (with a 20 degree HG top quilt with 1oz. overstuff) to a damp 10 degrees and been comfortable (YMMV I am a warm sleeper).

The quilt is light enough that it is my go-to for most of the year. If I'm too warm I can unsnap the foot box and vent a little. It's long enough to pull over my head on the coldest of nights.

Since the quilts are built to order lead times can vary. The guys at HG hit their estimate right on the money (it was two weeks when I ordered). They include a nylon stuff sack and cotton storage bag with the quilt.

I wish I would have pulled the trigger on this item years ago. Price always kept me away; but now I see the value.

Thanks for the review, Mac! Do you have any pictures of your quilt you could show others in your review?

Quality construction and great custom built quilt.

Price Paid: ~$300

Summary

Quality construction and great custom built quilt. Research told me this was the best bang for the buck and I am very glad I bought from Hammockgear.

Pros

• Can be customized to fit your needs
  • Quality construction
  • Fast delivery

Cons

• Haven't found any yet!

I reviewed several brands of quilts and a friend suggested I look at Hammockgear quilts. From comparing other company's specs, Hammockgear quilts were a better deal for a higher quality down.

I added a couple extra ounces as well to get mine closer to 15 degrees as I use it into October. I also ordered the long version. Although I'm 5'11" I often like to pull it over my head and it works perfect.

Just used it in 24 degrees and I was toasty except for my feet which ALWAYS get cold even in relatively warm conditions unless I wear down booties so I was not surprised (forgot the booties).

I move a lot at night and a quilt has really made a drastic improvement in waking less when I roll over while sleeping. One of the best moves I've made was to get a quilt and I'm glad I went with Hammockgear!

Thanks for the quilt review, Doug. Got any pictures of your custom one you can share in your review?