Hi-Tec MultiTerra Low

rated 3.00 of 5 stars

The MultiTerra Low has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best trail shoes for 2021.

photo: Hi-Tec MultiTerra Low trail shoe

Men's
Price Historic Range: $34.93-$59.99
Women's
Price Historic Range: $22.83-$59.99
Kids'
Price Historic Range: $19.83-$29.99
Reviewers Paid: $46.00

Six months wear of MultiTerra Low boots and the soles fell off. A very comfortable boot but what's the point of buying them if down the road/trail the damn soles drop off (carry a spare pair or a roll of duct tape).

Pros

• Feel really comfy

Cons

• Totally unreliable. Construction glue job terrible.

Shoe looked like it was well made, fitted well, and was comfortable to wear.

Good design let down by poor construction. Soles glued to the uppers; poor glue quality, or poor workmanship or maybe a bit of both.

So disappointed to think I had found a good make of shoe and to have them literally fall apart. So disappointed in fact that I am writing this note, something I don't do (I suppose this is as good a place to start).

Regards, Haydn

Welcome to Trailspace, Haydn. Too bad about your shoes falling apart. Did you try contacting Hi-Tec for warranty help? http://us.hi-tec.com/contacts/

g00se

Definitely contact Hi-Tec, but I am curious about your mileage. Obviously, 6 months on the AT is a lot different than 6 months of occasional use. How many miles do you think you had on these?

In fact it's my 8-year-old daughter who wears this Hi-Tec model. She love them. We are very active in outdoor activities. We live in Ecuador, a country full of mountains, rivers and rain forest. I bought her the first pair, one year ago, but her feet have grown and changed to size 2, but I can't get that size down here, and she said these are the only shoes she will wear. She really feels very comfortable with them.

regards