Highgear Axis

The Axis has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best compass watches for 2020.

photo: Highgear Axis compass watch

Price Historic Range: $39.99-$155.95
Reviewers Paid: $75.00-$90.00

Bought this for 80$ on Campmor. All the functions work beautifully and the weather predictions are pretty accurate, it will tell you the likely shift in weather patterns over the next 6 hours based on the last 24 hours of barometric pressure trends.

I've read a lot of reviews about problems with the watch lasting very long, so hopefully mine will hold out for a few years. Get my 80$ worth.

Price Paid: 80$

Purchased this altimeter over the Internet and it quit working three weeks after I received it. Found out the seller wasn't an authorized dealer and Highgear customer service told me the two-year warranty was invalid because I didn't buy it from an authorized dealer.

Guess I'm stuck with it. Beware, there are far more on-line retailers selling this altimeter than Highgear has listed as authorized on their web site. I wonder where the altimeters came from?

I bought this watch based on the the reviews I read and the price. When I received my watch in the mail, the battery was dead. I replaced the battery and then I noticed that the alarm function didn't work. I returned the defective watch and got another one. Now the replacement watch just goes blank every once and awhile and I have to reset it. The functions are good when they work but I would hate to be stuck somewhere and all of a sudden the thing goes blank. Don't buy this watch.

NativesOutdoors White Shell Mountain Beanie Review