Awesome nutritional, energy, and hydration supplements.

Source: received it as a sample, freebie, or prize (Bike shop owner)

Summary

Awesome nutritional, energy, and hydration supplements.

Pros

• Natural ingredients
  • Won’t upset your stomach
  • Natural energy and electrolyte products
  • Many flavors

Cons

• None

I mainly mountain bike due to crushed nerves in my leg. However, I do receive an occasional injection to sedate the nerve. It only last a few days for me.

That said, I have tried all the other energy products that were available. My bike shop owner knows I’m diabetic and how other gels, chews, waffles etc either tear up my stomachs (at the worst possible timing) or shoot my sugar out the roof. He said he found this new product at sea otter show and ordered some for myself and a few others to try.

We took a weekend and bike packed from Stone Mountain, Georgia, to Mulberry Gap in Elijay, Georgie. From there on home to Tellico Plains, Tennessee. We brought gels and an assortment of mre’s.

Huma gels worked better than we expected! Not one of us got an upset stomach. We all had a minimum sustained energy for 3.5 hours. NO CRASH or sugar spikes (the three diabetics on the trip). They don’t have that slick greasy film left in your mouth. And you don’t have to drink a ton of water to wash these down.

Although we carried plenty of water we stayed hydrated using the electrolyte gels as well. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT.

Hi Scott, what flavors and versions of this gel did you use? I was also curious about how far your bike-packing trip was. Thanks!

1 year ago