Hyperlite Mountain Gear Pods

Q&A

Have a question about stuff sacks? Get answers in the gear selection forum.

Want to have the best organized pack, ability to unpack…

Summary

Want to have the best organized pack, ability to unpack fast, pack fast in any weather condition, then these pods are for you. Organization is so good that I only have four items in my bag. Crazy eh?

Pros

• Organization
  • Fast pack and fast unpack
  • 100% waterproof Dyneema Composite Fabric (formerly Cuben Fiber) and a water resistant zipper, they help weatherproof your pack system.

Cons

• None

99E78882-2425-4C2B-8E26-2F5135BB76AE.jpg
709219DD-8909-443A-A7BC-015CE393A12E.jpg

C2E1003F-8BAE-417C-860D-38371DD25496.jpg
11CAC48A-C6DB-40EA-83DC-5504E7FDBAAD.jpg

8F69168D-E047-4C2C-916B-CFA4C0124CC6.jpg
Ease of Use: After time, you will figure out what works in each pod.  For my large pod, I have my pillow, liner, bag, pad, sleeping clothes and spare clothes. The smaller pod holds all my other loose gear, but I also have my spare socks and fleece in this pod.

Features: Waterproof material with tapered zipper. No chance of water seepage.

Construction & Durability: 100% waterproof Dyneema Composite Fabric (formerly Cuben Fiber) and a water resistant zipper, they help weatherproof your pack system.

Conditions: I have been using these pods on three different hikes March 2018 on the Appalachian Trail, Fundy Footpath, and Chignecto Park, in all weather temperatures, and never has my gear been wet.

I recently won two Gregory backpacks during Trail Days but my waterproof liner would not fit either of Gregory Optic packs. But later I heard about the Hyperlite pods and remember seeing them at Trail Days so on confirmation from Hyperlite, I confirmed the 3400 pods would fit both pack. And sure enough they exceeded expectations.

In summary, I only put in four items into my pack. Pretty crazy eh?

Experience

I have used these pods on three different trails for a combined three weeks. I purchased them after I won two Gregory Optic packs and they work like a dream. First one in camp and first one out.

I have used them on Mount Katahdin, Church Route, Fundy Footpath, and Chignecto, both coastal wet areas to hike in and a very dangerous route on Katahdin.

Great review, Adrian! Thanks for taking the time to share it, and congratulations on winning some packs.