Inov-8 Parkclaw 275 GTX

Historic Range: $97.47-$169.95
Women's
Price Current Retail: $169.95
Historic Range: $74.99-$169.95

Great traction in slippery conditions, super comfy insole, but a bit more squishy than I am used to. High ankle support rubs on the ball of my ankle.

Pros

• Comfort
  • Traction
  • Waterproof
  • Styling

Cons

• Bit of a break-in period
  • Little squishy insole
  • Treads tend to clog up and hard to clear away in some conditions

Took a chance and grabbed these sneakers on a good sale from an online retailer. I bought quite a few shoes online and have had great luck with sizing.

First impressions, these shoes are super light and the insoles are super squishy and kind of make my feet a bit tired after a longer walk or hike. After a few Kms my feet kind of settle into the footbed and all well.

Also noticed the first couple of times out that the collar of the shoes rubbed the balls of my ankles causing discomfort. Might try re-lacing them to see if that helps. I guess these are the chances you take for buying online without trying them on first.

Traction is great in all but the sloppiest mud or slushy snow. The treads seem to be hard to clear out and I found myself using a stick or rock digging out the lugs.

Waterproofing is awesome these are my second pair of waterproof sneakers and I love 'em for the wet snow and slush in encounter. Also like that the soles soak up all the trail debris, rocks, stumps, roots perfectly.

All in all I want to do a follow-up review in a few months to see if the ankle and tires feet issue goes away.

Experience

A few small hikes walks and very light trail running. I used to own a New Balance trail shoe that was my first “real” trail runner.

Price Paid: $175-200

Thanks for sharing your first gear review with us, Oakley! Do you have the GTX version? We'll look forward to the follow-up. Good luck!

Arctic Lynx Maternity Activewear Midweight T-shirt Review

Sea to Summit Trek TK II Review

Six Days from Mineral King to Mt Whitney

Black Diamond Sabretooth Crampons Review

MSR Miox Review

Trailspace at the testing grounds