JanSport Crevasse

rated 4.50 of 5 stars

The Crevasse has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best daypacks for 2021.

(no Gender)
Price Reviewers Paid: $32.95
Men's
Price Reviewers Paid: $60.00

This is an outstanding pack. It's the one I keep going back to when the hype and luster of other packs has worn out. I don't know if you can even get one of these anymore, but if you can, snatch it up. I've had mine over 12 years and it's still going strong.

I've had to get rid of the elastic webbing on the front because there's no more elasticity. I've also had a couple of the zipper tabs fall off from extensive wear. All these are to be expected on a 12-year-old pack.

What's not to be expected is its mechanical durability and the workman(woman)ship that goes into this pack. It's built like an M1 Tank. The shoulder straps are also broader and more padded than just about any day pack I've found. Get this pack!!

Design: daypack
Size: 1800 cubic inches
Number of Pockets: 0
Max. Load Carried: 10-20 lbs.
Height of Owner: 5'-7"

I bought this from Campmor as a gift for a friend who seldom hikes. I liked it so much that I kept it and have not regretted it. It is very simple with two ice tool loops, two rows of daisy chain and a lace of bungie cord between the daisy chains. It is a panel loading design, has s-curve shoulder straps with sternum and waist strap. It fits my long torso well and is very stable. I have used it on tough hikes like Mt. Dana with excellent results and it looks like it will last forever. I plan to use it X-C skiing since it is narrow and stable.

An excellent value.

Design: Rucksack
Size: 1800
Number of Pockets: one (internal)
Max. Load Carried: 16
Height of Owner: 6'2"
Price Paid: $32.95 (on sale)

FORLOH Deep Space Half Zip Long Sleeve Top Review