JanSport Nisqually

rated 3.00 of 5 stars

The Nisqually has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best weekend packs for 2020.

(no Gender)
Price Reviewers Paid: $59.99
Men's
Price Reviewers Paid: $60.00

I bought this pack years ago for general backpacking, something I could rip up without remorse. The Jansport web site described the pack as having stays, but mine did not have any.

My first impression was that it would be a comfortable pack. I was partially right.

The back is thick (3 inches?) contoured foam with a mesh outside. That was supposed to aid cooling but acted as great insulation! I sweat so much. The material is a wide octagon ripstop. It performed well except for abrasion. I did get some abrasion wear before I got rid of the pack.

The overall fit was poor. It was like throwing a layer of canvas around a full laundry basket and strapping it to your back. I will not buy Jansport again.

Design: top loader
Size: extended day pack
Number of Pockets: top pocket
Max. Load Carried: 45 lbs
Height of Owner: 5'10"

This pack was my first hiking pack i bought in denver. This pack has a h2o 110 oz. bladder holster. it is really comfortable when hiking. I have carried over 70 pounds of junk in it going back and forth on the train. For less than 60 bucks i don't think it can be beat.

Design: rucksack