JanSport Polaris 33

rated 5.0 of 5 stars

The Polaris 33 has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best overnight packs for 2021.

photo: JanSport Polaris 33 overnight pack (35-49l)

Price Historic Range: $64.90
Reviewers Paid: $69.99-$70.00

Never had a better backpack than this.

Pros

• Unbelievably durable
  • Super comfortable
  • Expandable

Cons

• A little big for a day pack for some

This has been my travel carry-on pack and city exploring pack for many years. I actually can't even remember when I bought it, but at least 14 years now.

I usually have very heavy items when I travel with my family for my carry-on (i.e. two-three laptops, electronics, juices) but the waist belt is very supportive and thick which totally takes the pressure off the shoulders. The pockets are very well thought out and expansive.

Also, there are multiple cinches which can make the inside space bigger and hold all of your items snug. I hope this backpack never dies on me.

Welcome to Trailspace, Chuck! Thanks for sharing your first review with us.

g00se

Thanks for posting, Chuck. Welcome to Trailspace.

Absolutely the best backpack I've ever came across. There's a pocket for every need (though not enough to make one confused).

Pros

• EXTREMELY DURABLE

Cons

• Does anybody sell this anymore? I'd like another ^_^

I've had mine for 6 years now and it's finally about ready to bite the dust, although I've put it through alot.

Source: received it as a personal gift

I am a student and I have had this backpack for 5 years now. I am very rough on backpacks and this one has lasted longer than any other I have had.

The zippers are super tough, the material is almost waterproof and is also very tough. It has a huge amount of space (2000 cu/in) and lots of extra pockets for my phone/wallet/lab materials. I also has a space for a Camelbak/water bag, which I never use, but I place a poncho in that slot.

I can carry 2 full college size textbooks, a large binder, two 3 ring spirals, several folders, a small umbrella, and several other small items in it. I absolutely love this product.

In addition, the top smallest zipper just broke (reasonable considering it is 5 years old and has been used almost every day) and I contacted Jansport and they have a lifetime warranty on their packs. All I have to do is send it in and they will fix it for me! Talk about quality, I will definitely be buying from Jansport again.

Size: 2000 cu/in