JanSport Rockies II 100

This is a big, durable pack. One of the best features…

Design: Internal frame
Size: 100 L
Number of Pockets: 7
Max. Load Carried: 70 lbs.+
Height of Owner: 6'0"

This is a big, durable pack. One of the best features is the organizer pocket in the back that helps you keep small items (knife, water purifier tabs, etc.) readily accessible. I am subtracting a point for the inadequate belt components. The belt broke before I even set foot on the trail! Luckily the belt swaps out without too much trouble, and I replaced it with an excellent ArcTeryx belt. This turned a good pack into a great one, but the new belt was about $60.

At 5' 7'' I'm not that big of a guy, so me buying…

Design: rucksack
Size: 6200
Number of Pockets: 4
Max. Load Carried: 50lb
Height of Owner: 5' 7
Price Paid: can't remember

At 5' 7'' I'm not that big of a guy, so me buying the rockies 100 was kinda a stretch. but the back adjustments are so variable, the pack fits me great. it's a litle heavy, but if you can deal with it, this pack will last you a lifetime.

The Rockies II 100 has been discontinued.

The JanSport Rockies II 100 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at Backcountry.com.

Nylofume Pack Liner Bags Review