This one is an excellent pack for the money. I bought…

Design: top loader internal frame bottom sleeping bag compartment
Size: 6200-7000
Number of Pockets: 10+ pockets within pockets
Max. Load Carried: 65#
Height of Owner: 73"

This one is an excellent pack for the money. I bought two at this price. ($99) The tall pack is expandable up to 7k cubic in. allowing you to get the kitchen sink in there if you so desire. I like a lot of stuff and I like to be comfy when I go out and the JanSport pack has lots of external goody storage. The cap also doubles as a dayuse waist pack. On my last trip the trail was extremely rough and the pack took a bit of bouncing and the cap/day bag's straps at the top worked their way loose. the pack is so balanced I never knew the difference until I stopped and saw the fault. The problem lay in the fact that I didn't knot the ends of two d ring tensioners together.

The hydro compartment is a bit hard to load and unload--aren't they all. I read some other reviews of this pack and it was stated that the sleeping bag compartment being only accessible from the outside------no big deal there as I'd rather not have to drag all my stuff out to get to my bag anyway. This pack is a great "big guy" rig as it weighs in at over 7 lbs (closer to 8). The shoulder straps are good and wide and have a unique curvature toward the bottom. The waist harness system is comfy and a bit bulky at first, but you appreciate the padding when the loads go over 50#. The second large (not large tall) version I bought I'm giving to my nephew as a bribe to go with me to the Smokies for a week trip on the AT. That being the case that size version of the Rockies II has gone untested by me. I have made a lot of short to long day runs with this pack as tests. I feel I got a deal for a pack that retailed at 180+.

The Rockies II has been discontinued.

The JanSport Rockies II is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at FogDog Sports.

Nylofume Pack Liner Bags Review