Keen Olympus Medium Crew

Reviewers Paid: $17.00
Women's
Price MSRP: $22.00
Historic Range: $21.95

Comfortable hiking sock that's designed uniquely for each foot (right and left foot specific socks).

Pros

• Thicker padding under heel and front area of foot
  • Wool blend wicks moisture
  • Design of right/left sock has the big toe area longer than the rest of the toe area
  • Durable material
  • toe area is seamless

Cons

• The right/left unique design is a little gimmicky

I've worn a lot of different socks for hiking and backpacking and usually don't really notice them unless they are a bad fit (normally from shrinking too much in the dryer) or they bunch up under the toes. I have been impressed with these socks in that having the longer big toe area seems to relieve a bit of pressure, but this might also be because I try not to dry my socks in the dryer anymore and also stretch them some while they are still wet. If you re-wear your socks while camping, they can sometimes retain the form of your foot.

I've noticed that if I put the sock I wore on one foot on the other foot, often times the material will bunch up.  With these Keen socks, having the little R and L on the sock will remind you.

These do a good job of wicking moisture and I normally do well with just this one pair on. I have a few pair that I'll wear a liner with because the material is a bit scratchy (higher wool content I assume). I've also noticed that the padding on the soles of these socks do a nice job of cushioning the impact area.

Patagonia Fitz Roy 30° Review