This is a good tent. I have used it on a couple of…

Ease of Setup: simple, but like most north american tents a pain to take down in the rain.

This is a good tent. I have used it on a couple of long (2-4 week) paddling trips on northern rivers in the arctic and sub arctic. It performs as required.

There are a couple of issue I have had with it, mostly minor:

The zips are prone to become sticky if you camp in dry silty areas (like the banks of the Yukon River). I think this is common to all tent with zips.

The fly is very prone to condensation. Keep as many vents and doors open as conditions allow. Again this is probably common to all 4 season tents.

The fly vents have built in stiffeners. I had one break when I rolled the tent up within a week of purchase. I have another one trying to wear a hole and escape. This is a design flaw. This is why I've given the tent 4.5 rather then 5 star rating

I needed a roomy 4-season tent at a reasonable price…

Design: four-season staked out dome
Ease of Setup: easy
Weight: 8 lbs, 7.5 oz complete with footprint

I needed a roomy 4-season tent at a reasonable price for a weekend snow-camping trip and after a lengthy search bought this one. I found the tent easy to set up with just one person, however the shorter middle pole was too long for inserting into the designated grommet hole, so I had to use the loop strap to hold it in place.

I am not sure I got the tent fly lined up properly because not all the buckles and doors lined up perfectly, even though it looked right according to the instruction book. It was good enough for this trip, however I will set it up at home again to inspect it more closely.

The interior is the the best one could hope for. Perfect height and width to spread out and change cloths for one, but would be fine for 2 persons, with use of the vestibules for storing packs and boots. I also love the little lofts for storage of watch, headlamp, other small items and there are lots of ventilation features that will come in handy in different weather conditions.

The vents on the fly are very cool and were open when I set it up. The stakes are nice too and easy to spot in the snow when you need to dig them back out. I hope to use this tent backpacking with just the footprint, poles and fly as it is much too heavy otherwise.

I am happy with this tent and hope to be using it all year round for many years.

Bought this tent for my boys to use on trips. Great…

Bought this tent for my boys to use on trips. Great year round tent with very good excellent ventilation. If it's raining and the temp is dropping, open the top vents as soon as you get it up or it will start to condensate. This tent is easy to pitch with two people but sliding the poles through by yourself is a handfull. We've used this tent in high winds and rain without any additional tiedowns and had no issues.

The Radiant 2 has been discontinued.

The Kelty Radiant 2 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 18, 2009 at Ramsey Outdoor.

Congratulations, Seth and Maine Coast Heritage Trust

Six Moon Designs Pack Pod Review

Vargo Titanium Alcohol Stove Review

Six Moon Designs Lunar Solo Review

Big Agnes Pumphouse Ultra Review

Canoe Route Maps what do the P numbers mean?