Kelty Streamside 4

rated 3.5 of 5 stars (3)

The Streamside 4 has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best three-season tents for 2020.

photo: Kelty Streamside 4 three-season tent

Price Historic Range: $129.95-$199.95
Reviewers Paid: $150.00-$179.00

Solid tent. After over 50 uses, I knicknamed it "ole…

Summary

Solid tent. After over 50 uses, I knicknamed it "ole trusty".

Pros

• Easy to use
  • Lightweight for its generation

Cons

• One pole broke after 15 years and over 50 uses. Probably not a con.

I bought this tent in 2001. I've used it several times per year for leisure camping to spike camping for hunting. Solid tent. I'm going to replace the poles and keep using this bad boy until it disintegrates!

G00SE

Welcome to Trailspace, Rob. Thanks for the review.

Welcome to Trailspace, Rob. You've introduced a new term to my outdoor vocabulary, "spike camping," so thanks!

p.s. Do you have any pictures of your Streamside you could show others in your review?

I know this is an older style, but for those who might…

Ease of Setup: very easy
Weight: I thnk it's around 10-12 lbs.

I know this is an older style, but for those who might be interested I wanted to leave a positive review about this tent. I have had the Kelty Streamside 4 for almost a decade. I use it at least twice (usually more) every year.

I have never had a tearing issue or anything like that. It has worked great and even when a friend of mine borrowed it and cracked a fiberglass pole, Kelty sent me a new one free.

My only issue (and it's a small one for me as I am usually only with one other person) is that there is no way this is a four person tent, unless you're all under 5 feet tall. Even three is pushing it if you are all adults.

However, for two people, a dog, and gear, it's a great tent.

This did not make it out of the backyard. I set it…

Design: 3 Season
Ease of Setup: Not bad
Weight: 7 lb 1 oz

This did not make it out of the backyard. I set it up, the seams by the hooks in the roof started to tear after 1 hour. Yes, I have other tents and know how to set a tent up.

Nice size and design for air movement but poor quality.