KIWI Camp Dry Heavy Duty Water Repellent

photo: KIWI Camp Dry Heavy Duty Water Repellent equipment cleaner/treatment

Price Current Retail: $28.59
Historic Range: $8.99-$28.59
Reviewers Paid: $15.00
Best For Tents, tarps, boots, hunting apparel, outdoor gear, boat covers, and more

Not sure if it works, and it will discolour fabrics.

Pros

• Cheap

Cons

• Didn't work well
  • Discoloured gear
  • Needed lots

41ZB-t9OhzL-_AC_UL320_.jpg

I bought this to waterproof our tents in 2019; one tent was only a few years old, very large, and the other was quite old and small. I bought four cans and it took almost one to do the small tent and the rest didn't get all of the large one.

We took them camping for three days of rain, sometimes heavy rain, and the small tent was swamped—completely swamped. The kids had to sleep in my aunt's camper a few sites down. The large tent had some small puddles in the corners, but other than that was very dry.

I cannot say this product helped with the waterproofing; I feel the large tent was very well built. The smaller tent was older, yes, and I expected it to leak, but the water in the tent was as if the tent wasn't there.

I tried another product after and it did much better. I bought KIWI because I have used it for years on my boots—polish, dubbin, mink oil, and waterproofing spray—all very happy with it. The Camp Dry though didn't keep us dry.

Experience

I don't think it worked.

Too bad it didn't work out, Tyler, but thanks for sharing your experience with this treatment.

Win Kora Wool Activewear for Year-Round Adventuring

Kuiu Peloton 97 Fleece Zip-T Hoodie Review

Lowe Alpine Mesa 6 Review

Maine Fall Color - 2 Night GLT East Side

Coleman Northern Nova Review

Which Leather Waterproofing/Conditioner Do You Use and Why?