KÖPPEN Haltbar

rated 0.5 of 5 stars
photo: KÖPPEN Haltbar antishock trekking pole

Threaded insert for length adjustment disintegrated making pole useless. Dick's Sporting Goods won't stand behind its brand. I can't even get a replacement part. Koppen's website customer service referred me to Dick's and Dick's referred me back to them.

Pros

• Marketing

Cons

• Failed to perform as designed

I bought a set of these poles new at Dick's for $60 about two years ago. The threaded insert failed recently and wouldn't allow the pole to collapse. I continued to use it since it was at the correct height for me.

Well, recently the part failed completely and now the pole will not remain in position. I went on Koppen's website to look for a replacement part. None available. I emailed Koppen customer service. I got an automated response from them. Then I got an automated response from Dick's. (I never contacted Dick's.)

Long and short, I can't get a part. Dick's refers me to Koppen. Koppen doesn't respond, but I get robo-responses from Dick's.

Same problem as mentioned by previous writer; poles would not tighten...just kept turning by hand with no result. Dick's, where I bough them, couldn't help. Referred me to Koppen but no response from them. I give up, will buy another brand.

Dennis Zink