Q&A

Have a question about hiking? Get answers in the gear selection forum.

This was my first Kuhl pant. I have several other…

Summary

This was my first Kuhl pant. I have several other Kuhl products based on how great these pants fit. These are the most comfortable pant I have ever owned.

Pros

• Fit is perfect.
  • Like the angle in the knee
  • Lightweight for spring summer and fall
  • Pockets in all the right places for knives, phone, billfold and change

Cons

• A little light for winter
  • A bit pricey

Love the fit. Wear great on hikes and look great on evenings out. Has a European snap at the waist that was a little concern but they have an inside button that keeps them well fitting at the waist. I usually wear jeans but find myself wearing these first whenever they are clean.

Great fall and winter outdoor pant. a little light for the winter. Knees are prebent which seems to make a better fit in the leg. I tore a very small hole on a nail when I first bought them. The hole has never gotten larger or frayed terribly.

Overall these are a five star pant. Love them all the time.

FromSagetoSnow

I always lust after these pants but haven't bit the bullet yet b/c of the price tag. I'm glad they measure up.

I’ve had Kuhl Rydr jeans before. I liked them. Now…

Summary

I’ve had Kuhl Rydr jeans before. I liked them. Now I have bought two more pairs last month and have been very disappointed. The material is fading in a strange pattern on both pairs, the fabric is stiff and difficult to work with in order to make them look nice such as ironing.

And this general theme seems to be impacting a lot of customers who made recent purchases. I do not know if it is because they moved their manufacturing to China, or if it is because they changed materials. The outcome is horrific. I can’t recommend them any more.

Pros

• Pockets
  • Reinforced

Cons

• Dry badly wrinkled and creased
  • Off color fading pattern
  • No longer rugged yet nice looking

The Kuhl Rydr Pant material had taken a turn for the worse. Made in China now. Poor fabric quality. Fades in a strange pattern and this is a common customer complaint now. Hard to keep from wrinkling badly and looking bad.

No longer a comfortable material to wear. Not cool any longer. Too bad.

Welcome to Trailspace, Steve! Thanks for the review. Do you have any pictures you can add to your review to show others the issues with these pants? Thanks!

Great fitting pants, and rugged. Style never hurts,…

Summary

Great fitting pants, and rugged. Style never hurts, either.

Pros

• Fit
  • Comfort
  • Durability

Cons

• Price
  • Availability
  • Belt loops

I notice no problems moving in these pants. Usually I hve trouble with pants binding or creeping during use, but these stay put.

Nifty Italian snap keeps them closed and an extra inside button is there for reliability.

Right side leg has cell phone pocket, could be used for a knife, too.

Only bad thing is the belt loops are too small for my favorite belt(but the belt is a little on the wide side anyway)