Kühl Z Cargo Short
Historic Range: $29.96-$68.95
Reviewers Paid: $56.00
Pricey but very well made hiking shorts with thoughtfully…
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $56
Pricey but very well made hiking shorts with thoughtfully designed pockets and waist size adjustment feature. You can tell the designers really did sweat the minor details of these shorts, thus the higher price.
- Breathy material should be fine hiking in temps of 115°F
- Waist cinch adjusters
- Hanging loop
- The exterior waist button
- Inseam is an inch too long; 6+ footers may disagree
- Inner sash button is bigger than button hole and fiddly
- Breathy material isn't comfortable hiking below 40°F
- Ticklish hem rubs at the knee cap; a shorter inseam would be better
- Jingly metallic zipper pull tabs
Wish list: Shorten the inseam and use a slightly heavier cloth so the fiddly inner sash button can be eliminated; add a couple more belt loops to the waist or perhaps make provisions for suspender buttons.
I like both, the hanging hook loop sewn in next to the back belt loop and the alpine logo on the back belt loop. I cured the jingly metallic zipper pull tab noise by adding small zipper loops taken from the pockets of an old L.L. Bean Windblocker Vest.
Recommendable, Pacific Crest Trail-worthy hiking shorts.