L.L.Bean Approach Travel Pack 30L

rated 4.5 of 5 stars
photo: L.L.Bean Approach Travel Pack 30L daypack (under 35l)

Price MSRP: $129.00
Current Retail: $129.00
Reviewers Paid: $120.00
Capacity 2,088 cu in / 30 L
Weight 3.1 lbs
Dimensions 20 x 11.75 x 8 in

I recently added this 30L backpack to the assortment of other backpacks I own. I initially purchased as added carrying space from a return airline trip, but I found I also liked it as a daypack for local hiking. I can fit all my extra weather gear into this roomy backpack and the compartment type structure makes it easy to access my most needed gear quickly without rummaging through the entire bag in search of what I need.

Pros

• Compartment type areas for easy access to gear
  • Wide bottom sits with ease
  • Detachable straps with zippered storage space turned it easily into hand carry luggage

Cons

• 30L is a bit big for a daypack

Front view of the 30L pack

Inside and top have easy to reach compartments making it great to reach needed gear quickly.

Backside of the pack—all these straps can be tucked inside and secured in provided areas to turn into a nice hand carry piece of luggage. Great for short European airline trips!

How the pack looks when all the straps are secured.

Using the backpack on a recent day hike in the Dutch dunes. Carried full of gear and it carried the gear load comfortably.

Would I recommend this addition to your hiking gear? YES!

Is this a great option for air travel when you don't want to pay extra fees for luggage? YES!

Experience

So far I love this backpack! It gave me some options I didn't have available in my other backpacks or luggage.

Nice review and recommendation!

1 month ago

Want Two Puffy Jackets from Rab?

Six Moon Designs Minimalist V2 Review