This is a versatile jacket that will keep you dry…

Summary

This is a versatile jacket that will keep you dry and warm and has the flexibility for those who need extra room for kayaking or fishing.

Pros

• Waterproof
  • 3-in-1 options
  • Enough pocket options
  • Very packable for travel

Cons

• Worn alone the rain jacket can get sticky to the skin.
  • When zipped up the jacket edge can hit you in the face and chin.
  • No back adjustments, only at the bottom of the jacket

I purchased this jacket to replace an older neoprene jacket. I wanted something that was fairly waterproof and had enough shoulder room for kayaking and fly fishing. I loved the options it had for my busy travel schedule and that it was packable.

I hadn't really tested the waterproof options of this jacket until I was in Scotland this last week where I had two days of near downpour rain while hiking and fly fishing. This jacket kept me warm and dry through those days.

I have worn a scarf in order to to control the irritable way it fits when it is zipped up, always hitting me in the face and chin. Not a showstopper, but also not the way this jacket should fit at this price mark, in my opinion.

This was a good all around replacement to my older jacket.

Would I recommend? Yes!!!
55fd3e20-b22d-4390-94f7-e3cb45ba17d6.jpg

Downpour in Scotland and I was nice and warm and dry. Notice the scarf to keep the zipped part from hitting my face.

HEDUOs9HQqaAuggGFP6JRA.jpg

Zippered inner jacket with inside cellphone pocket.

Fits very well over fly fishing waders. Zippered vents under the arms allow airflow through the jacket if needed. This jacket provides plenty of room and flexibility for casting and pulling in the big fish!

Experience

I have owned this jacket since May 2019 and have used it constantly as a normal day jacket and activity jacket. Kayaking in it, hiking in the inner shell and the entire 3-in-1 combo, and fly fishing with a wool base layer and 3-in-1 combo. It has held up well so far to the unpacking, packing, rolling, zipping, unzipping, wet and dry and heat conditions.

Thanks for the helpful review of your jacket, The Cedar Journal!

Nice jacket. Perfect for western New York winters.

Source: received it as a personal gift
Price Paid: It was Christmas gift. Not sure on the price.

Summary

Nice jacket. Perfect for western New York winters.

Pros

• Two nice coats
  • Hood

Cons

• No powder skirt
  • Seams should have strong thread
  • Snaps should have stronger thread
  • Hood should have drawstrings

I like the jacket but I wish it was a little heavier, but all in all it’s a pretty good jacket.

It is one of the better 3-in-1’s on the market.

Experience

Intermediate skier

Thanks for sharing a review of your jacket, Adam!

Good waterproof casual jacket. Not made to be skied…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

Good waterproof casual jacket. Not made to be skied in or for other technical use.

Pros

• Waterproof

Cons

• Breathability
  • Pockets are not lined
  • Inner layer is small and outer layer is large
  • No powder skirt
  • Inner layer is not very warm

Product best for wearing as a casual jacket. Excellent waterproofing. Not very breathable, but does have pit zips to dump heat. Not good for layering as inner puffer jacket layer is tight fitting and outer shell layer is large.

Outer shell layer is too bulky and allows for gaps to form/puffs out around stomach. This made it ineffective for skiing in Maine. Insulation is not very good (I live in Maine with 30 to sub zero temps in winter). Outer shell is very durable.

I have a medium and I am 5'9" and 140 lbs.

Welcome to Trailspace, Benjamin! Thanks for the review. Did you consider returning this jacket to LL Bean for a more technical one?

G00SE

Welcome to Trailspace, Benjamin!

Benjamin

I considered returning it but I've had it for a full year now and nothing is wrong with the jacket itself. It simply was not intended to be a ski jacket.

Thanks, Benjamin.