I got to try a demo version of this shoe at my local…

Materials: Frixion sticky rubber outsole with rock bite heel for descents
Use: Rocks
Break-in Period: 10-20 mi
Weight: 13 oz

I got to try a demo version of this shoe at my local trail running shop. With demos in hand I headed straight for my favorite trails and was happy to find that they handled the nastiest stuff with amazing stability and traction. Not wanting to damage the demos I headed back to shop and purchased a pair the next morning.

Their niche has been established in my trail running repertoire. Any day that I go out on the rootiest, rockiest, muddiest, I put these things on my feet. Of all my trail shoes they offer the most control and protection on these types of trails.

I would have given it 5 stars if not for the lack of cushion in the heel. This is probably a trade-off for stability. I have corrected the problem by simply putting a softer after market insole in the shoe.