La Sportiva Men's Tarantula

Price MSRP: $80.00
Current Retail: $49.99-$95.00
Historic Range: $39.99-$95.00
Reviewers Paid: $67.00

These are only the second pair of climbing shoes I have owned; the first were a pair of rental castoffs.

It seems like most climbing shoes have this super deep heel cup that my foot doesn't fit into. These fit my heel very well.

I have been climbing on these shoes for three months.

I have pretty poor technique, so the extra thick rubber sole suits my climbing style well and should last me a while. I am told that when I get better I will want a more sensitive sole.

They edge well and I have climbed slabs with them, too, but because I fitted them tight for edging, they are only okay for slab climbing. I think that if I bought a half size larger they would smear better.

I like the Velcro closure. I feel like it is easier to adjust them throughout the day as comfort dictates.

Fit is a function of how tight you buy them. Tighter shoes work better for edging, but the tradeoff is that they aren't fun to walk in. These aren't walking shoes.

These are entry shoes that are great for punters like me. Good grip, and good all-around usability. I am 200 lbs plus some, and they are stiff enough to grip the rock well for me.

How to Get Outside and Recreate Responsibly this Winter

Hoka TenNine Hike GTX Review

Jetboil MiniMo Cooking System Review

ZJ Sport Epic Medium Wing Paddle Review

Going Higher Art Loeb Trl

Does anyone have plans to build something like this