La Sportiva Women's Tarantulace

photo: La Sportiva Women's Tarantulace climbing shoe

Price Current Retail: $55.99-$85.00
Historic Range: $39.99-$85.00
Reviewers Paid: $30.00-$80.00

Very grippy soles. I like that these shoes have laces to stay tight on your feet.

Pros

• Laces
  • Grippy soles

Cons

• Leather sometimes tears

I bought these used and was very pleased with the purchase. The shoes fit my feet to a T, and are a comfortable fit for climbing shoes.

I have used these for both outdoor and indoor climbing, and the shoes have been great for both. The soles are great for smearing and are very grippy.

Source: bought it used

Welcome to Trailspace, Ari. Do you have any pictures of your climbing shoes you'd be willing to share in your review for others to see?

It is not amazingly comfortable, but it's a rock climbing shoe, so it's not supposed to be. It is great for indoor climbing at the gym.

Pros

• Beautiful
  • Good for small holds

Cons

• Back of the shoe rubs my foot

I bought these to go indoor climbing at the YMCA. They are much better than just using normal tennis shoes. I also used the shoes at the Y, but it's nice to have my own pair. I bought them from REI.

I strongly recommend having an employee help you try them on because they will feel tight, but they are supposed to be tight, so they can create a platform with your toes for surfaces without big bumps to step on. I have not yet used them outside, but I am excited to go on a climbing trip in August to try them out for real climbing.

The only issue I have is that they rub my feet a little, especially in the heel area, but that has improved as I broke them in.

I like the fact that it laces up. I feel that laces give the wearer more freedom than velcro when deciding how tight or loose to make the shoe.

I got the Tarantalace in teal blue, and it's very pretty. Everyone who I have talked to has said that La Sportiva is one of the best brands of climbing shoes, and the Tarantulace is very durable.

Price Paid: Around $80

How to Get Outside and Recreate Responsibly this Winter

NativesOutdoors White Shell Mountain Beanie Review

Sea to Summit Comfort Deluxe Insulated Mat Review

Mountain Equipment Glacier 700 Review

MSR DragonFly Review

Does anyone have plans to build something like this