Bought this pack two years ago from Campmor on sale.

Design: top-loading internal
Size: 6000
Number of Pockets: 4
Max. Load Carried: 50lbs
Height of Owner: 6'2'

Bought this pack two years ago from Campmor on sale. Use throughout year almost every weekend and to weeks vacation. To date have never had a seam split, buckle break, or anything else go wrong with the bag. At a weight of 77oz I'm pleased with its carrying capabilities. Many lash points for hanging extra gear. Plenty of pockets, four not counting the two water bottle side pockets. The aluminum stays are solid and hard to shape, but this is a plus for no matter how much weight you load, the frame holds its shape. It took a while to shape it to fit perfectly to my bakc, but now it rides like a glove. I've tried other packs even a few higher end ones, but I always go back to this one.

I hike around the FL panhandle year round trekking through briars and dense vegetation and never have ripped, torn or frayed this wonderful pack. Its big for a weekend, but I can be sure of getting all my comforts inside. My only gripe is that the new version of the Rockies weighs more (a pound and half I think) so when this one goes, which doesn't look to be for some time, I will have to really question whether I want the extra weight.

The Rockies has been discontinued.

The Lafuma Rockies is not available from the stores we monitor.

NRS H2Core Silkweight Hoodie Review