Lands' End Classic Squall Jacket

rated 4.0 of 5 stars
photo: Lands' End Classic Squall Jacket jacket

Price Reviewers Paid: $50.00-$107.00

Great coat if I could get it zipped.

Pros

• WARM in sub zero weather

Cons

• That darn zipper

I got the Squall for Christmas. I love the coat except for one thing that drives me crazy. Sometimes it will take 7-10 tries to get it zipped. When I lay it flat on the table I can zip it almost every time. But when I put it on, the zipper won't catch on the bottom.

So Land's End is sending me a new one. I hope the zipper works better.

g00se

Thanks for posting, Judy. Let us know how the replacement works.

Good luck with the new jacket, Judy.

I bought my Squall Jacket twelve years ago. It is still in great shape and I have been extremely hard on it every winter. It is without a doubt the best winter jacket I have ever owned. I have worn it in sub-freezing temperatures with wind chills of minus fifteen degrees and stayed warm. It is not only rugged, but stylish. I can wear it anywhere: work, play, or going out on the town.

I honestly don't think I have ever thought enough of a piece of clothing to write a review, but this jacket warrants it. I am going to buy another Squall Jacket this winter, but only because I got paint on the sleeve of my old one painting outside last winter. It is a terrific jacket at a great price!

A good jacket for the price. One complaint is the weight, if you're an ultralite fan, who gets neurotic over a few ounces like myself then do not get this jacket. The other complaint I have against it is the shell material does not repel after a while, it will hold out fine in light rain, but if you're in a heavy downpour, then eventually the lining will absorb water. It took forever to dry too.

I love this jacket! The price is excellent for such a good quality coat. I have never had any problems with it in the short period that I've had it (3 months!). It is perfect for hiking and mountaineering, and, being lined with Polartec 300, it is optional to wear anything but a tee shirt underneath it even in the coldest of temps. I want to thank Lands' End for making such a good coat at an affordable price.

Fabric: Nylon