Q&A

Have a question about multi-tools? Get answers in the gear selection forum.

I was given this product by another site in exchange…

Source: tested or reviewed it for the manufacturer (I received a sample of this product from the brand or its representatives in exchange for a review. I kept the product after testing.)

Summary

I was given this product by another site in exchange for a review. This is the perfect multi-tool to take with you hiking or camping. It is well made and is designed to replace much more bulky camping/hiking tools.

Pros

• Well made
  • Practical
  • Convenient
  • The pocket clip is great

Cons

• The case is unnecessary

Occasionally I am given products from another website to try in exchange for a review. On a recent camping trip we tried out the Leatherman Signal. This is Leatherman’s gift to campers, hunters, and outdoor enthusiasts. It has 19 different tools on it.

My husband has been carrying this multi-tool for about two weeks prior to this camping trip so he could get a feel for its everyday usefulness. We also used it quite a bit on this trip while setting up camp and getting our fire going. There is a lot of usefulness in this tool, but the ones that we found most handy were as follows:

• hammer—we used it to secure the stakes for our camper awning
  • saw—we cut medium to small sized branches for firewood
  • awl—a grommet on the canvas of our popup broke and we punched a new hole
  • fire starter—we only did this because it was cool and it worked with my dryer lint starters
  • can opener—worked great
  • screw driver—has phillips and flat head

My husband is a machinist so he knows quality metal products. He thinks this is a tool with longevity. It has a plethora of uses and can be used at work or at play. It comes with a belt pouch, but he liked the clip that allows it to clip on your pocket for ease of access. The different tools are well made and sturdy. They will stand up to heavy use and are a great option to replace numerous, more bulky tools in your pack or tool box.

Disclosure: The reviewer received a sample of this product from the brand or its representatives in exchange for a review.

Welcome to Trailspace, Alicia. Thanks for the review. Do you have any pictures of the Signal in use for others to see?