Leki Summit Antishock

Historic Range: $64.95-$139.95
Reviewers Paid: $99.95
Weight 19.0 oz
Length 69 - 140 cm

A must have for any strenuous hikes. If you want to master the switchbacks with a heavy back, use these trekking poles.

Pros

• Stays locked.
  • Lightweight.

Using these is like having an extra pair of legs. You can pull yourself up on the ascent, and eliminate shock on the descent. Good value. If you buy anything more expensive, you're paying too much.

Source: received it as a personal gift

Rick-Pittsburgh

Just curious why the 3.5 stars for a product in which you only have positive things to say?

I thought the whole trekking pole thing was just a bunch of hoop-la, until I tried these out on a 2000 foot decent in the Smokey Mountains. The shock absorber feature made them very comfortable and minimized shock on my elbows. The strain these poles took off of my knees was phenomenal.

The poles are very lightweight but at the same time are very durable. They took several inadvertent kicks and snags in tree roots and no damage. These are the first poles I have used, but they are great.

I would have given them five stars, however, the cork handles get a bit slippery in sweaty hands. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who has knee problems or would like to prevent future knee problems!