Live Out There Assiniboine Down Hooded Jacket - Men's

Q&A

Have a question about down insulated? Get answers in the gear selection forum.

Well worth the plunge for a puffy Jacket. I resisted…

Price Paid: $125 CDN

Summary

Well worth the plunge for a puffy Jacket.

Pros

• Designed by experienced outdoor enthusiast
  • Fair trade and labour practices
  • Canadian company
  • Snug hood

Cons

• So far none. May not be be suitable for extreme cold.

I resisted the urge to go puffy, but the introduction price and a one-time life member discount made me cave.  Took the jacket to our Jasper National Park in Canada during mid summer. I did not expect to wear it, but I did every morning in the crisp mountain air.

Extremely lightweight and compressible, makes a nice luxury item, but also can be the only warm item for layering without the expense of too much weight or volume. The product is designed with Jamie Clark heading up the team, and if you know who he is you will understand he knows what will work and what doesn't. Another reason why I didn't hesitate.

It would require a bit more layering in extreme cold. I'd consider it a 3-season or 4-season with exception. I've worn it while cross country skiing and it was fine, but that's a workout.

The hood will snug down quite nicely to keep the warmth in and the drafts out.

Live Out There only has a few products so far, which is a testament to designing, manufacturing, and supporting a quality product line rather than quantity.

Experience

Backpacking and summer hiking, cross-country skiing in winter (Alberta Canada, dry cold)

Thanks for bringing this brand to our attention, Gdn. If you have some pictures of your jacket in use, those would be great to see in your review.