Long lasting shoes build Lowa quality! I typically…

Price Paid: 150 cad

Summary

Long lasting shoes build Lowa quality!

Pros

• Sturdy
  • All around shoe
  • Great mid sole support

Cons

• Pricy
  • Heavy
  • Not made for warm climate

I typically use my shoes for approach and hikes. So I need a great support when carrying climbing gear. The Lowa Renegade have a polyurethane mid sole, which is heavier but will not collapse over time or under heavy load.

They are made of nubuck (is top-grain cattle leather that has been sanded or buffed on the grain side, or outside, to give a slight nap of short protein fibers, producing a velvet-like), so they are warm. I even walk with them during winter when I'm too lazy to put on my boots to walk the dog. Had to walk a few times before they form fit my feet.

Traction is typical of Vibrams sole, good but slippery over wet ground. They have what Lowa calls the mono wrap, which ensures the shoe keeps its shape and provides support.

I usually wear 10 in other shoe companies, but bought 9.5 in Lowa.

Great confortable and long lasting shoes, but as other Lowa product you pay for what you get, those are high quality product.

Dismissed them after 10 years of loyal service.

Experience

Approach and hiking

Thanks for the review, Martin. Sounds like they had a good ten years of service.

I bought the regular Renegade model Lo without Goretex.

Price Paid: 149 Euro

Summary

I bought the regular Renegade model Lo without Goretex. You have to waterproof them or they soak up water like a sponge. The linings are leather.

Pros

• Breathability
  • Sturdy Vibram soles
  • Durability
  • All leather uppers.

Cons

• You have to waterproof them

I misread the title that the shoes were GTX. Mine are not, I like them, but you have to waterproof them or they soak up rain and stay wet the whole day. They fit a well, and are really comfortable. I have had my pair for three years and the soles are still okay.