Lowa Zephyr Desert GTX Hi

photo: Lowa Zephyr Desert GTX Hi hiking boot

Price MSRP: $230.00
Historic Range: $160.99-$229.95
Reviewers Paid: $240.00

Received these boots as a birthday present in March, 2019. As of this date 8-27-19 the inside of both boots has completely come apart. Lowa customer service has a solution, "we will send you a free set of insoles". That's it...no help at all. $249 for nothing but JUNK.

Pros

• Very comfortable

Cons

• The boots are junk. Pure trash.
  • Interior of the boot is disintegrating and Lowa's solution..new pair of insoles.

The boot initially were great. Very comfortable and very easy to break in. The boots were a birthday present 3/19. By mid-June the interior of the boot began falling apart. Now, 8/19 the entire insole has completely come apart.

I use the boots very little as I have a heart condition that precludes me from walking much. Lowa's customer service has offered to send me new insoles. That is the solution from Lowa. These boots are not worth anyway near what they cost and Lowa's customer service is a GD joke. Never again will this family purchase ANYTHING from this fly-by-night company.

On another note, I had a pair of Dunhams for 20 years when the bottom of the right boot literally fell off the boot. Dunham's solution for a 20-year-old pair of boots—new boots were promptly put in the mail at NO COST to me.

STAY AWAY FROM LOWA products. Their customer service is worthless.

Experience

These were my first and LAST pair of anything made by Lowa.

Source: received it as a personal gift

Welcome to Trailspace, Dale. Thanks for sharing your experience with these boots and Lowa. Do you have any pictures showing how they failed? Those would be helpful for others to see in your review. Thanks!

By the way, can you confirm what model of Lowa Zephyr you have? Yours sounds newer than the Desert GTX Hi. Thanks!

Best boot I've worn in 21 years in the Army. Durable, comfortable, haha dare I say fashionable?!?!

Pros

• Sturdy
  • Waterproof

Cons

• Price, but it's worth every penny