I bought these to add space to my Golite Pursuit pack…

Price Paid: $9/pr

I bought these to add space to my Golite Pursuit pack for longer excursions. Each pocket (sold in pairs) comes with "universal" 1" and 1 1/2" mounting straps on both the upper and lower sections of the back panel to allow secure attachment to side compression straps.

The material is durable and has lasted well after a year of heavy use, sometimes through scrub brush and bushhwacking. It is only a moderately water-resistent material, so be advised if the weather turns ugly and you have sensitive items in the pockets

The zipper pulls and openings are large and work well, even for one wearing gloves.

The downside to the universal mounting is that my compression straps on my Pursuit are 3/4" webbing, so they don't match up with the included 1" straps. Also the webbing loops on the pockets are horizontal and cannot be secured by my horizontally oriented compression straps.

If there were vertical loops included, then I could feed my existing straps through them and cinch up tight. But, if you have 1" compression straps on your pack, then you'll do just fine.

The Universal Side Pocket has been discontinued.

The Lowe Alpine Universal Side Pocket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 5, 2010 at Sierra.

Katadyn BeFree 0.6L Review