I'm in love with these goggles. Quick-change lenses,…

Summary

I'm in love with these goggles. Quick-change lenses, photochromatic lens options, and superior field of vision for under $200!

Pros

• Great price
  • Photochromatic lens option
  • Lenses can be changed quickly
  • Interchangeable straps
  • Great field of vision

Cons

• Mirrored lenses scratch fairly easily

I bought the Ltd. Optics goggles through their Kickstarter campaign. I went with the Flux package which included a frame, strap, photochromatic (light transitioning) primary lens, Clear Red Revo backup lens (for low light), plus a microfiber bag and hard case.

I am a snowboarding instructor at Park City Mountain so I use my goggles a lot. By mid January I already had 45 days in them and every time I used them my vision was unmarred and half they time I forgot they were even there (which is a good thing).

One of the reasons that I decided to go for these goggles is that for less than $200 I was able to pick up goggles with FLUX (light transitioning) lens. Since I'm on the mountain all day, the conditions can change quickly and I don't have time to go fumbling through my pockets and trying to swap out a lens in a snow storm.

The FLUX lens is great because it gets nice and dark on a bluebird day and lightens up if the clouds roll in. Transition time is great too, no moments of snow blindness yet.

About a month ago, since I was loving both of the current lenses for my Axiom goggles, I decided to check out a few more of their lenses. As a Kickstarter backer they provided me with a 30% discount code for any purchases made in the next year on their site (ltdoptics.com).

I picked up the Silver Revo lens and a Blue Revo lens for under $55 including shipping with my discount which was a steal. I've been riding them and loving them on sunny days for the last month, but have noticed a few scratches starting to show up.

I emailed the guys at Ltd. Optics to see if their was anything I could about it. They gave me the contact info for a company that makes clear lens covers in case I wanted to go that route. They also did something that blew me away. They offered to replace them at the end of the season for just $10 each so I can have completely new lenses for next season!

So, long story short, I love my Axiom goggles and will continue to support Ltd. Optics because of their great products and outstanding customer service.

Welcome to Trailspace, Kya! Thanks for sharing your first reviews with us and bringing this brand to our attention. I'd love to see some pics of your gear in your reviews.

Nick Mesarhakis

Cool googles! And the photochromatic lenses must make a huge difference. Nice review James!