Mammut Extreme Ultimate WS Jacket

The Extreme Ultimate WS Jacket has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best soft shell jackets for 2020.

I wanted a very technical softshell without insulating layer to cover a wider range of use (insulation being handled by the fleece) and a better heat control and with a great comfort while moving. I went for the Mammut Extreme Ultimate WS Jacket that I tested during my last mountaineering outings in April.

Overview:

Ultra-modern and technical softshell jacket made of several protection layers for a perfect windproofness and a good protection in extreme conditions while still offering breathability and durability. It is best suited for winter and alpine activities.

Opinion :

This jacket is just perfect ; excellent protection, breathability and what a comfort! With this sofshell Mammut has designed a very nice cloth faithful to its technical, high-tech and reliable product line[...] All it’s qualities make this jacket one of the best softshell of my collection and I recommend it to everyone who is into mountaineering.

For full review with details on advantages/drawbacks and detailed opinion, check the articl on my blog at http://www.tozai-trek.com/lang/en/2010/06/mammut-extreme-ultimate-ws-jacket/

Fabric: windstopper softshell