Mammut Ridge High GTX

Price Historic Range: $101.37-$169.00
Reviewers Paid: $149.00
Women's
Price Historic Range: $71.99-$168.95

Love this boot as its light weight makes for a comfortable multi-day boot. Great support and my feet and ankles never suffered even with a heavy pack.

Pros

• Breathable

Cons

• Laces are weak

The fit is great but remember that euro boots tend to have a slightly smaller toe box. The lacing system really enhances the fit, but on just the third time lacing them up, the sheath pulled away from the inner lace and I had to replace the laces with a non-sheath type.

Break-in was not needed at all. Had no hot-spots for blisters whatsoever. Before I ever wore them, I purchased a pair of Skydex Dynamic Gel cushioning inserts and inserted them so I never tried the original cushions.

Traction is amazing with the Gripex soles. Seems to vent good but I've always changed socks once each day and have yet to get a blister. I've had them for two months and really enjoy these boots and am training in them to summit Granite Peak, Montana, with them in August.

Would definitely recommend these for any type of hike except on very cold days. They are of course Goretex lined, which is what I was really looking for in an all-weather boot except for cold/snowy climbs.

Welcome to Trailspace, Dean. Thanks for sharing your review. Good luck training for Granite Peak.