Mammut Trion Light 28

photo: Mammut Trion Light 28 daypack (under 35l)

Price MSRP: $199.95
Current Retail: $97.93-$98.00
Historic Range: $79.95-$229.95
Reviewers Paid: $139.00

Great all-around pack for anything you can do in the mountains. Comfortable and supportive, yet extremely light.

Pros

• Very light
  • Versatile
  • Easy attachment of skis, ice axes

Cons

• Small size

Fits very well, and is very adjustable. Very comfortable for such a light and packable pack. I am glad the design includes a padded waist strap. This makes it useful as an all-day pack or as a summit pack on multi-day trips. I have finished climbs only to realize I was wearing this the whole time, when I meant to leave it at the bottom

Fits a sufficient amount of gear for one day. I have never felt overloaded in this pack. All systems are very intuitive and simple to use.

The removable frame is very useful, as I can take it out and stuff it in a bigger backpack, but when assembled still feels incredibly sturdy.

I have used this pack mostly in AK but have also used it to travel to India, and it did not suffer any damage during the trip.

Experience

I have used on just about every day trip for over two years.

Welcome to Trailspace, Peter! Thanks for sharing a review of your Mammut pack with us.

When I don't need my full pack this is my go to.

It has 2 ice tool attachments and ski carrie loops.

For a small pack it does a lot. It's light and can fit plenty of gear for going out on day trips either backcountry skiing, climbing or just winter hikes. It can also be made more light-weight or better for climbing with the removeable hip belt.

The Trion Light is also hydration system compatible, so unless Mammut comes out with a small pack better than this one I will be keeping it for a while.