Marmot Cauldron Hoody

rated 4.50 of 5 stars (1)
photo: Marmot Cauldron Hoody synthetic insulated jacket

Lining Material 100% Polyester Embossed WR 1.8 oz / yd
Insulation Material Thermal R Eco
Boys'
Price Historic Range: $47.98-$84.95

This jacket is very warm! Did not know if I would like the hood but now I can't live without it! I am 6' 3" 180lbs and like the slim fit of the medium. The velcro cuff adjustment is great.

Pros

• Warm
  • Compressible
  • Good fit

Cons

• none

The Cauldron fits me good, and is very adjustable from the hood to cuffs to bottom, good length, covers my butt and I am 6' 3".

It does have some water repellency, but you do need a hard shell to cover it in the rain of course and I use a REI Shuksan as a shell and it covers perfectly! I like the synthetics in case you do get it wet it will retain body heat verses down fill.

I get cold very easily and needed something to do the job and I just took a chance on this jacket after much research. I am glad I did. The jacket will compress down to the size of a large grapefruit, maybe not as small as a down sweater type jacket though.

The hood is a nice bonus — didn't think I would like it but it sure comes in handy. All in all it is very versatile and very warm. For the money you can't beat it.