Marmot Mojave

rated 5.00 of 5 stars

The Mojave has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best daypacks for 2021.

photo: Marmot Mojave daypack (under 35l)

Women's
Price Historic Range: $44.83-$85.00

I have a bad lower back and I am short and I find that most backpacks place too much pressure on my lower back. This pack is perfect for my short torso. I am able to take everything I need for my day hikes and there is no extra weight pressing on my lumbar area.

The pockets are nice and all seem to be well placed. I place my keys inside the top small pocket and do not go back to it until I am done with my hike. Then I place my camera in the pocket on the back of the bag along with mosquito spray and anything else I was to access often. Then, I place my water, jacket and other items I need with me, but don't want to access often in the inside pocket.

I do wish that the pack did not have a laptop section because there is extra cushion which adds to the weight of the pack, but I do like the formed back of the bag, I feel that it adds to the structure that prevents everything from settling down on my lower back.

I think this pack would be too small for a tall person.

I am 100% happy with this pack and have no buyers remorse.

Number of Pockets: 3