Marmot Motion Pant

The Motion Pant has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best waterproof pants for 2022.

photo: Marmot Motion Pant waterproof pant

Price MSRP: $135.00
Current Retail: $67.49
Historic Range: $37.48-$200.00
Reviewers Paid: $116.00
Weight 1 lb 5.1 oz / 598.2 g
Main Material PreCip® 100% Nylon 6.8 oz / yd
Lining Material 100% Polyester Mesh Lining 2.0 oz / yd

Overall these pants are pretty darn good for their price. I would definitely recommend them to anybody looking for a strong entry level pant.

Pros

• Inexpensive

Cons

• Slightly long for my liking
  • Sometimes pockets are tough to open

I bought these pants today mainly for short day hikes and geocaching. Well, I got out to do some geocaching today. It was high 20s-low 30s out and a few inches of snow on the ground. I'm a 36 waist 30 long, and XL was WAY too big. I tried on the L and waist was slightly tight but tolerable. The length was slightly long but probably ok when you have winter boots on I only had Merrell Moabs on.

They are very versatile pants, rather lightweight and very easy moving. Pockets are rather large and have a very soft lining to protect phones or GPS's. The articulated knee works excellent for jumping over downed trees and such.

Overall I would recommend these pants to anyone looking for a descent pair of pants. Not at a bad price either. I bought these on sale at Ramsey Outdoors, they were 20% off so I paid $116.

Patagonia Fitz Roy 30° Review