Historic Range: $199.00-$449.95
Ultralight, warm, comfortable, tiny pack size, amazing value for money. Everything a sleeping bag should be!
- Ultra-Ultralight...only 506 grams (17.84 oz)!
- 850+ fill, sterilised Hydrahobic down, coated with "Down Defender"
- Silky smooth Pertex Quantum GL fabric
- Cheaper than similar products from other brands.
- Low-viz Deep Teal/Turf Green colour scheme is perfect for stealth camping
- Can pack down to a tiny size inside a compression sack
- Care must be taken with the zip from inside to avoid snagging
- EN Rating Lower comfort limit: 30.0°F / -1°C
- EN Rating Extreme limit: 5.4°F / -14.8°C
I am a ultralight "gram counter" when it comes to camping gear and I wasn't happy with my old sleeping bag, which weighed under 800 grams but only had a 8°C (47°F) comfort rating. Then I discovered the Marmot Phase 30, which was a lot warmer (-1°C / 30°F) comfort rating, but more importantly, was also a lot lighter.
I am 6'1" and I found the Regular version was just long enough for me, but any taller and you will need the Long version, which weighs more. I went for the Regular version because it is only 506 grams (17.84 oz)...making it one of the lightest 30°F comfort rated sleeping bags you can buy.
Although the design looks like it might be constricting on the inside, for someone with a slim to normal sized torso like me (40-42") it isn't tight at all. In fact even with my Regular length Klymit Intertia X-Frame Recon sleeping mat slid inside it, I still have room to move around. There is plenty of room inside the ergonomically designed foot box for my UK size 9 (US size 10) feet too.
The US RRP is $399, but here in the UK it is £399 which is $527! The cheapest supplier I could find here was selling it for £320 ($422), so that is what I paid. In the US you will of course pay a lot less for it.
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: £320 GBP ($422) (Cheapest UK price)