Marmot PreCip Full Zip Pants

rated 3.50 of 5 stars (4)
photo: Marmot PreCip Full Zip Pants waterproof pant

Reviewers Paid: $40.00
Weight 12.8 oz / 362.9 g
Main Material PreCipĀ® 2.5 100% Nylon Ripstop 2.7 oz / yd

Pros

Cons

• Runs small in size

I own these and love them. They do the job well of keeping the rain out. I'm not over the top hard on any of my gear, but I've sat on everything from mud to rocks and not one problem with these pants. It's kind of odd how you cool down so quickly after you put these on. No sticking to you when you're sweaty.

I do think they run small in size. I'm 5'2" and a size 8 and had to get a large. Which was shocking considering I can wear kids clothes. I'm short so they are a little long, but that's nothing new.

Great piece of cra........p

Cons

• crap

Just 2 weeks of use and the membrane strata is broken.

I have used these pants 4 to 5 times snowshoeing and camping. All in all they are great pants for the money and the waterproofing seams fine. I tried to glissading down Mt. Ellinor in them and ripped the pants in two different spots. I would not recommend these pants if you are hard on your clothes.

I like those rain pants very much so far. They are water proof as far as I can tell. I can get in them with boots on very easy. I unzip the sides and tuck the legs in under the waistband when I wade over a creek.

I would like it if they were a little lighter as I am trying to go as light weight as possible.

The fabric is not very rugged so after sitting on a log by a camp fire one night I found a very small hole in my pants. Now I understand that I have to be more careful when I use them. This goes for everything made from lightweight material of course.