The two-person is a nice tent with lots of screen…

Price Paid: $200 from Sunny Sports

Summary

The two-person is a nice tent with lots of screen area for ventilation and visibility to outside. Four stakes (use Groundhog model and not those provided) and two hoops to set up and you are good to go!

Rainfly is an issue, even with thorough drying after use, the coating has become sticky and tacky and cannot be replaced or repaired. Marmot will provide me with a discount coupon and accept the tent as a return. I do like the designs; if I use the tent in dry weather, I can live with a defective rainfly coating.

Nicely made tent, otherwise.

Pros

• Easy to set up
  • Lots of ventilation without the rainfly
  • A nice, clean design
  • Well made

Cons

• My specific tent has a defective coating on the rainfly and this cannot be repaired. The tent was offered for sale for only three years and is no longer available. I have other Marmot tents that work well and are excellent with no problems. The rainfly issue is probably an anomaly. I have consulted with tenting experts and repair shops; Marmot will exchange entire tent and give me a coupon to buy something else of their label. I own two other Marmot tents and I know how to dry out and store tents properly.

Marmot-Starlight-2-person-tent.jpg
Marmot-Starlight-2-with-rainfly-off.jpg

Thanks for the info, Howard. I hope you'll let us know if you end up replacing it, due to the rainfly, with something else.