Marmot Wizard

The Wizard has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best 3-season synthetic sleeping bags for 2020.

photo: Marmot Wizard 3-season synthetic sleeping bag

(no Gender)
Price Historic Range: $109.95-$164.25
Reviewers Paid: $179.00

I have used this bag for 6 years now and it is just now starting to lose a bit of its loft. It has kept we warm and toasty in temps below 15. The Polarguard dries fast and is great in wet conditions.

Design: Mummy
Fill: Polarguard
Temperature Rating: 15 F

I bought this bag as a light weight three season bag. But with a 15 degree rating, which is a true 15 degrees, has kept me warm on many late fall, early spring trips. My companions would lug their winter bags in expedition size packs, while I was hiking with an overnight pack. The Wizard is a great bag because there are so many size options. Anyone can fit into this bag. I am a 6'3" with broad shoulders. I needed the long but decided against a wide.

The best feature of this bag is the Dryclime fabric. Do not confuse this with Dryloft, Dryclime is a lining that feels like fleece. In the summer the bag does not stick to ones skin, and in winter the bag is not cold on entering.

I use a Granit Gear compression sack for this bag so it packs to the size of a small watermelon. Along with every sleeping bag, the life of the loft will be prolonged if it is kept in a semi-lofted state.

I have slept in YNF, Sierra Design, MH, FF, and Moonstone bags, but this is my favorite all around bag. I could of spent more money, but this bag was everything I was looking for.

Design: mummy long

Hoka TenNine Hike GTX Review

Jetboil MiniMo Cooking System Review

ZJ Sport Epic Medium Wing Paddle Review

Going Higher Art Loeb Trl

Does anyone have plans to build something like this