Merrell All Out Blaze Ventilator Mid Waterproof - Men's

This boot is extremely comfortable, lightweight, and…

Summary

This boot is extremely comfortable, lightweight, and waterproof. Soles wear pretty fast on concrete.

Pros

• Excellent traction on most terrain
  • Waterproof
  • Stylish
  • Wide toe box

Cons

• Soles wear fast off trail
  • Small pebbles easily caught in treads.
  • Trail sensitivity

I order shoes only after extensively reviewing them online if my local outfitter doesn't carry them. With these, there aren't too many reviews to accurately rate them. That said, I ordered them anyways.

They felt like slippers when I tried them on. I had to fidget with lacing because there was a pinch point on top of my foot. In my experience, looser was better.

I immediately took them on a six-mile trial hike on a trail with plenty of gravel, rock, roots, and watery mud. There was virtually no break-in, which seems to be the industry standard. I dunked my foot in a creek and it remained dry inside the boot. My feet weren't sore afterward, but they were damp from sweat accumulation.

I wear Darn Tough socks on the trail and Bombas socks around everywhere else. The only complain is that the thinner socks help you remember the stitching inside the boot. However, I have never gotten a blister in them.

I do tend to wear them out and about during inclement weather. This causes the sole to be worn down, more so than what the forest ever does. One note of caution... when the soles are wet, they are a noisy on waxed floors. I mean, extremely loud.

Other than that, the only real complaint is wet granite traction. I think this is due to algae build up. If you encounter steep, wet, algae covered rock, brace yourself and move cautiously.

I have almost 200 miles on mine and the tread still has 3-4 mm left. The sole is very aggressive and will not disappoint (other than previously mentioned).

I will be buying another pair when mine have minimal tread left. I do recommend these to anyone who likes the way Keen fits AND wants a durable, lightweight boot.

G00SE

Jordan, welcome to Trailspace. Thanks for the review. I wear the regular Moab Vents for day-to-day work. Do you have any pics you can add?

Welcome to Trailspace, Jordan! Thanks for the helpful review. If you have any pictures of your Keens you could share in your review, that would be super helpful to see.

The Merrell Men's All Out Blaze Ventilator Mid Waterproof is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 24, 2019 at EMS.

Katadyn BeFree 0.6L Review