Merrell Outbound Mid Gore-Tex

Materials Cordura / Ripstop Mesh Upper, Comfort Padded Lycra Collar, GORE-TEX
Women's
Price Historic Range: $79.96-$194.95
Weight 1 lb 14 oz
Sizes 5 - 11 (Half Sizes)
Materials Cordura / Ripstop Mesh Upper. Comfort Padded Lycra Collar, GORE-TEX

I've had these for two years now and they have all the features a medium weight pack carrying backpacker could want. They would also make a great boot for someone who just wanted a sturdy, supportive, mid weight boot with the comfort of a running shoe.

I like how they have the Aegis antimicrobial feature since I will start hunting in them soon and need to keep my scent down. They also have a very aggressive lug pattern/treat, which I was striving to find.

My only pet peeve about them is that they didn't have a slightly wider size in this available at the store I purchased them at (blue ridge mountain sports outlet outside of Richdmond, Va.). Merrell may not even manufacture a wider width in this boot.

I haven't been on any drawn out backpacking/hunting adventures with them as of yet to determine if this will be a major nuisance, but it could because I have a regular to medium-regular width foot. I believe these are discontinued, as they are not featured on the Merrell website as of 01-21-2013.

Source: tried it in the store

Congratulations, Top 25 Reviewers of 2021